Internal investigations are part and parcel of managing the corporate workplace and your employees. Unfortunately, internal investigations are also increasingly becoming fodder for creative plaintiffs’ lawyers to argue that their clients were not provided with due process and/or that the investigation was merely a pretext to terminate the employee for improper reasons or for engaging in protected activity. Before conducting any investigation, critical issues need to be identified and fully vetted.
This Breakfast (and lunch) @ Bowditch will address, among other things:
- Who should conduct the investigation?
- What should your role in the investigation be?
- Will the attorney/client privilege apply?
- How should the interviews be conducted?
- What role do emails and other documents play?
- Should the investigation be documented and, if so, how?
- What should the scope of the investigation be?
Breakfast or lunch will be served. There is no cost to attend.
Register for a session by clicking on the location below.